Our Client is a trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications.
Lead Software and Test Engineer – Operations Solutions
Lead Software Test Engineer with experience driving QA and release activities of internal applications and solutions distributed worldwide across numerous production sites.
This position is for a hands-on leader that will be part of a global and distributed development team that focuses on industrial solutions targeting issuance and provisioning.
The candidate will, accordingly to roadmaps, lead local resources dedicated to QA and release management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and improve formal QA processes, ensuring the team is implementing industry-accepted best practices.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases. Provide QA services and coordinate QA resources internally, accordingly to roadmaps shared with the different development teams.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance, establish documentation, metrics, apply industry best practices, and develop new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Mentor the QA team members as needed.
- Leverage existing relevant frameworks. Develop testing scripts, applications and procedures for Functional, Integration and Solution.
- Execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated). Verify the Solutions security, robustness and performance. Share tests results in a timely manner.
- Assist in the transition of the new projects and programs (Enterprise, Configuration, Customization and Testing Systems) from proof of concept and development to production environments. Supervise rollouts and documentation. Prepare Release delivery notes after a test cycle or Test case execution on modules and integrated modules to deliver Solutions as a milestone (Release).
- With companys managers and other Lead Engineers, triage and prioritize all issues and follow thru on their remediation. Interface with companys application support resources for issue handling and resolution
- Track & follow up all bugs and identified improvements with tools such as Track Pro / Bugzilla and JIRA ticket system.
- Work closely with the project teams to ensure that all requirements, SW code, and documentation are complete and validated. Assess Solutions quality and insure that all major bugs are remediated before the tools are released to their consumers.
- Build and configuration management. System deployment and local ME organization support.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working with SW QA process execution and leadership.
- Experienced in full SDLC which includes:
– System / Information Engineering
– Software Requirements gathering
– Systems Analysis and Design
– Code Generation
– SW Test processes & SW Testing
– SW and Automated Tests development and maintenance
– Build and configuration management
- Minimum BS in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- Desired Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- Extensive experience with automated SW testing, load testing, stress/scalability testing, SW documentation, bug tracking and document repository tools and systems. Should have good experience on test tools such as Selenium, Testlink, SoapUI, LoadUI etc..
- Proven ability in implementing and leading: right sized test end to end processes, templates, repositories, testing capabilities (automated and manual).
- Should have good experience on testing portal, web based applications and client applications.
- Proven experience working in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Database skills a plus.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with and communicate effectively with a variety of companys internal teams (Manufacturing, IT, engineering, Business Unit members) and external customers.
- Ability to effectively work with outside 3rd party technical vendors and partners.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing as the manager for this position will be in the USA
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Competitive salary and yearly bonus
- Stable employment in a friendly international atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical care, life insurance
- Multisport cards
- In-house free English classes
- Fresh fruit delivery every week
- Ergonomic workplaces with all necessary tools and equipment
- Free bike and car parking for all employees