Our client is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience. They have been listed by Fortune Magazine as one of the world’s 100 most innovative companies.
We are looking for a Firmware Developer Embedded Systems to help develop our clients smart door product line (Hi-O) to fit our strategy being part of a cloud connected architecture.
This will be an exciting journey where we will change the perception and challenge/stretch the boundaries of what a door environment is capable of today. A good analogy of this journey would be to compare moving from landline phone to mobile.
What you will be doing
Be part of the R&D team and play a vital role in developing our smart door product line, technology and services to be fit for the digitalization journey set by the DAS EMEA Access Control Solution (ACS) strategy.
Reporting to the DAS EMEA R&D Manager you will be part of a team of dedicated and motivated professionals who put pride in delivering innovative, high quality and secure products that are used EMEA wide.
Who we are looking for
- To fit our team you need to be a talented individual with an open and curious mind set, out of the box thinking, passionate, driven, goal oriented.
- Result oriented problem solver by heart, that sees solutions instead of problems, that can see and connect high level objectives with details, that has a passion for product development
- Very strong Analytical Skills and the ability to take on a big challenge and divide it into step-by-step tasks to finally deliver a result that meet customer expectations
- Good team player who understands the importance of meeting deadlines and who thrives in a busy, challenging environment
- Ability to explain a technically complex solution for a business oriented audience
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English
- Able to occasionally travel across EU and other regions
- Develop the necessary features and functions to align with our product digitalization strategy
- Continue develop Hi-O technology and product portfolio to meet customer expectations
- Help maintain quality and robustness of the complete product solutions based on Hi-O technology
- At least 3 years of experience working with embedded systems, ultimately developing features for end users.
- Excellent C programming skills and general µC experience, other languages also welcome
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems, FreeRTOS
- Debugging and testing of embedded systems
- Hardware debugging using oscilloscope, logical analyzers and other tools necessary
- Work experience with agile development methodologies
- Familiar with git and CI frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Master degree preferably
Meriting experience (also allows for more senior role)
- CANOpen and/or CAN-bus protocol stacks, such as for the automotive markets or similar applications
- Electromechanical product development
- Embedded security and encryption knowledge
- Stable employment in a friendly international atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Care
- Multisport & Benefit cards
- Mobile phone contract
- In-house free English classes
- Training budget
- Ergonomic workplaces with all necessary tools and equipment
- Trips within EMEA, to visit our partners