Technical Support Engineer
Podejmij wyzwanie – praca w Krakowie w branży IT jako Technical Support Engineer
What to be part of a leading innovative technical team? If so, maybe this exciting Technical Support Engineer role is for you!
Our partner is a trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems. They have been listed two years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the world’s 100 most innovative companies.
Who our client is
The office atmosphere is open, honest and friendly, and the open landscape encourages interaction and communication. Work-life-balance is essential for long-term productivity and employee satisfaction. Flexible working hours is a part of this balance. Scrum teams are small, cross-functional and self-organizing units that collaborate with the product owner to transform customer needs into valuable features. Our client’s culture is characterized by short decision paths, clear targets and team spirit. They work in multinational environment so fluent English in speaking and writing is a must.
Our partner is looking for a person with at least 3 years' experience in a Technical Support role. Each day will be different and there will be multiple projects on-going which makes for a fast-paced and dynamic working environment therefore the ideal candidate will have the ability to multi-task and time-manage to prioritize and switch between varied tasks.
The main focus for the role is methodical troubleshooting, technical skill and attention to detail used in diagnosing problems, reproducing issues in a local environment, and testing proposed fixes from engineering. You will be required to have Technical writing skills to create and maintain knowledge base articles.
Business fluency in English (written & verbal) is a requirement. This is an office based role with International travel and an estimate of 10% travel per year.
Technical Support Engineers carry and answer the On Call smart phone approximately one week of every six for additional compensation. On Call hours are 8am to 6pm CET weekends only.
Expectations for Working with Customers: customer service soft-skills such as customer empathy, diplomacy, and problem ownership; ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences with different levels of technical expertise; comprehend and triage issues encountered by customers or internal field personnel during deployments or initial testing
Technical Skills Required:
– Previous (low level) hardware support experience is a must
– Operating system experience (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS and Android), including familiarity with enterprise software environments and client/server architecture
– Programming and/or scripting experience (preferred)
– Familiarity with Security/Cryptography concepts (preferred)
– Knowledgeable about contactless technologies (RFID, BLE) (preferred)
– University degree in Engineering or Computer Science (preferred)
Candidates for this position are required to have experience in:
– Establishing and maintaining client / server environments, including troubleshooting configuration and networking issues
– Database operations to include simple SQL queries and troubleshooting connection issues
– Directory maintenance to include configuration / troubleshooting
– Web authoring environments, including troubleshooting at the Tomcat / IIS level
– Installing software and hardware in different Operating system environments (Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android) and troubleshooting
– Device driver installation and troubleshooting
Our partner offers:
– Competitive salary and yearly bonus
– Stable employment in a friendly international atmosphere
– Private medical care, life insurance
– MultiSport cards
– In-house free English classes
– Fresh fruit delivery every week
– Ergonomic workplaces with all necessary tools and equipment
– Free bike and car parking for all employees
If you are interested in this position, please apply by filling out the form: https://goo.gl/jCyCQs