Staff Engineer – Provisioning Systems
Our partner is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience. They have been listed two years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the world’s 100 most innovative companies. The Group has 46000 employees and annual sales of EUR 7.3 billion.
Who our client is
The office atmosphere is open, honest and friendly, and the open landscape encourages interaction and communication. Work-life-balance is essential for long-term productivity and employee satisfaction. Flexible working hours is a part of this balance. Scrum teams are small, cross-functional and self-organizing units that collaborate with the product owner to transform customer needs into valuable features.
The knowledge exchange within the department is an ongoing process and everyone is encouraged both to take part in and contribute to it.
Who you are
The Issuance and Fulfillment Solution team is looking for a Staff Engineer with industrial software experience tasked with designing and implementing custom provisioning and issuance solutions and applications, our client infrastructures and core technologies. The qualified candidate will bring software application-level development experience and expertise that will be applied for implementing customer-specific provisioning services. The assigned projects will relate to Readers, Controller Panels and Printers product lines. This position is for a team player that will be part of a global development team which focuses on custom issuances services, from feasibility through implementation, working with internal and external customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Past experience in data processing and enrichments using cryptographic devices
- Past experience with low-level communication protocols (RFID or smartcards)
- Knowledge of industry standards: ISO7816, ISO14443 or ISO15693 required
- Past experience with software developments used in industrial environment
- Industrial solution development experience required
- Hands-on past experience supporting key management practices or security
- Card Management and Lifecycle systems experience is appreciated
- Must have a strong passion for software design and development
- Must have working experience with the following technologies:
- Data languages such as XML, ASN.1 or JSON.
- Relational databases: ODBC, SQl, Postgres
- Development environment: Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Must have working experience with source control management tools
- Experienced in full SDLC (Software development life cycle) which includes System / Information Engineering, Software Requirements gathering, Systems Analysis and Design, Code Generation, Testing, implementation, maintenance and documentation.
- Hardware related programming expertise (JTAG, RS232, RS485)
- Embedded software development
- Hardware design experience
- Applied cryptography, device authentication
- Cryptographic-based data enrichments
- Software Development in .Net (C#)
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of Master Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of software design experience
Contribute to design and architectural choices
- Handles implementations of customer-specific provisioning requirements
- Handles the full development/validation/documentation cycles
- Implement/integrate software components from low level API driving hardware encoders to backend web-services.
- Coach/Mentor other engineers involved in the projects
- Work on full life-cycle software development of both web and non-web based applications used in production for provisioning and monitoring activities
- Work in a collaborative team using Agile methodology
- Interact with engineering both for hardware or software aspect to improve on the integration and manufacturability of the products on our production line
- Work with pre-sales, product managers, operations and technology teams to pro-actively implement industrial provisioning solutions
- Keep tight deadlines for software enhancements to match product development schedules
Beside a competitive salary our parntner offers
Flexible working hours
Stable employment in a friendly international atmosphere
Private Medical Care
Multisport & Benefit cards
Mobile phone contract
In-house free English classes
Ergonomic workstations with necessary tools and equipment
In this position, occasional travelling to our other sites might be required.
Please contact Marta for more details, at [email protected]
Please attached the following clause:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”